The Sheeps Head Easter Run will take place on Easter Saturday 20th April at 12 noon. The 10k race will start outside 'Arundels by the Pier', Ahakista, and welcomes both walkers and runners (walkers will start at 11.30am). The 5k family run will start at 12.15pm. Athletes can experience the breathtaking views over Dunmanus Bay and the Sheeps Head Countryside as the route takes them up past Rusnacahara Church, on through the townlands of Kealties and Brahalish, back onto the main road and finishes back at 'Arundels by the Pier'. The event is being organised by Ahakista Rowing Club and any funds raised will go towards the everyday running costs of the Club. The Race has an approved AAI permit and takes place on our accurately measured 10K course. Chip timing will be operational. The 5k route comes down through Kealties, known locally as ‘Snakes Lane’ and continue back to Ahakista via the main road.
Before the Race
• Registration will also take place in Ahakista on the morning of the Race but it is advisable to register in advance and avoid the rush in the morning.
• All participants must sign a declaration agreeing to the terms and conditions of the event
• Parking Stewards will assist with directing traffic to the designated Car Parking areas. Parking will be restricted to these areas.
• Race organisers / stewards will wear Hi Vis vests on the day.
• Athletes will congregate outside ‘Arundel’s by the Pier’ and will wait instructions from the Race Starter.
• Toilet facilities will be available at the start of the Race
• Walkers will commence at 11.30 am
• Runners will commence at 12.00 noon
• The 5km event will commence at 12.15 pm
• The first 30 children (under 12 years) to finish the 5k will receive an Easter Egg
• Prize giving for the 10k will take place immediately after the race
The Sheeps Head Easter Run is renowned for its spread of delicious homebaking and refreshments and athletes and their families can relax and enjoy the stunning surroundings post race.